22seven lets you add transactions to manual accounts, so you can easily keep track of things like cash in your wallet and loans to friends and family. You can even use 22seven without linking your accounts if you prefer to do things manually.
(This feature is currently available on Android and iOS. Web support coming in future!)
- Open the 22seven app and go to Accounts.
- Tap on the manual account you want to add a manual transaction to, or first create a new manual account from scratch.
Note that you can only add manual transactions to manual accounts - you can't add them to linked accounts 22seven automatically updates with account data we gather directly from service providers.
- Scroll down to 'Account transactions' and tap on the blue + button next to 'Add manual transaction.'
- Choose whether the transaction is Income or an Expense
- Tap on Transaction amount and enter the transaction value.
- (Optional) Select Merchant if this transaction involves a popular store/company and pick one from our extensive list. Otherwise, leave this blank.
(Can't find the merchant you're looking for? Let us know and we'll consider adding it)
- Select Date to specify the transaction date.
- Tap on Description and give your transaction a name (tip: make sure its accurate and descriptive as you may want to use 22seven's transaction search feature to find it in future).
- Choose a Spending Group and Category for your transaction in the following two fields.
- (Optional) Add even more detail to your transaction using the Tags and Notes options. your transaction to your transaction via the Tags a note in the 'Notes' box if there's anything important about this transaction you want to remember in future.
- Tap on the blue Add Transaction button at the bottom of the screen to save it.