An update (December 11, 2018):
Hi Test Pilots,
Since we last spoke, we've decided to go with a PDF data collection method as a first stab at getting insurance up and running in 22seven, so at the moment we don't need you to share your actual account login details with us.
But what we are very interested in is the PDF policy documents you would have received from your insurance providers when you signed up with them. Would you be willing to share those with us?
If so, please give us a thumbs up in this thread and we'll be in touch with an email soon. If you're a Sanlam policy holder, we'd be very keen to chat!
September 27, 2018
Hi Test Pilots,
Part of 22Seven’s service relies on us automatically collecting data from bank accounts, credit cards, retail store cards, home loans etc. to provide customers with useful insights into their money habits. Now, we're looking at doing the same for major insurance providers.
In order to get this data, we rely on a small group of allies and advocates - 'Soulmates' - who allow us to physically access their online profiles to develop support for their service providers.
What it means to be a Soulmate is:
- You share your login details to your account with us so that we can manually log in and test your insurance account in order to develop support for your insurance provider. Your login information will be encrypted in a secure environment.
- We gain read-only access to your account – its impossible to do any transactions or change anything on the account.
- Our analysts will be checking your account regularly while building support, then they may check in on an ad hoc basis to sort out any issues that crop up.
- If you share banking details with us and you get email/SMS login notifications from your provider, you’ll receive irregular and (potentially) frequent notifications - at least once we first start building support.
- You can end this arrangement at any time by letting us know.
If you're keen to help get insurance up and running in 22seven, and have an online profile with one of these insurance providers, please let us know in the comments below. We'll get in touch with more info:
- Old Mutual
* We're also keen to get get our hands on a few PDF statements for these providers in particular. If you have an account with one of these providers and are keen to share your PDF statement in addition to your login details, or just a PDF statement, that would also be of huge help to us.
As always, thanks for your support in making 22seven more legendary!